Sunday 1 December 2013

The caravan.

For months he pleaded. I just couldn't see the point. It's too small for us, we won't use it, it's too old... the list was never-ending. But he kept pleading and he also had a list, we can go places, it's cheaper than holidays, I can take the kids away for the weekend... Well, that last one sounded quite good, I'm not going to lie.  

In the end, his insistence paid off and we bought the bloody thing. I had never seen him so excited about anything, he was like a kid with a brand new long-awaited toy.  

After a bit, I also started to see it. It's cute and cosy, we can go places, even thought actually getting there can take hours of stressful, painfully slow driving.

But the best thing that we discovered is that it does something to the kids. I don't know how else to put it other than it transforms them, it calms them down. I don't know if it's the confined space or the retro vibe of the whole décor.  As soon as they're in it  the screaming stops (mostly) and they want to play games together, they want to read, they want to draw.

So in the end, I am thankful for it because it has given me four happy campers. And yes, Steevi, I'll admit it... you were right (good job he never reads my blog!).






1 comments:

Anonymous 2 December 2013 at 16:43  

Noelia! I'm coveting that little camper right now! I've always wanted a little vintage camper for traveling. The possibilities of weekend getaways and memories made are going to be endless! So glad you listened to your hubby:) Happy Trails To You!

About This Blog

Popular Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP