Tuesday 23 August 2011

Advanced pro - 3rd week assignment

These are two sisters and the daughter of one of them. I did what Brooke said and posed them first and then started the interaction. I used some of the "invites" and got them to wisper what they liked about the other person in her ear and played the "if she was a colour..." game. I also talked to the mum about how fast her daughter has grown and that she'll soon be a little woman, resulting in the photo where she's looking down at her.

I found that it was very hard for them to relax and show their true self in front of a camera to start off with, even with the interaction, they sort of tried to stop themselves from laughing because they were worried about how they looked. So I got a little frustrated in the beginning of the session (obviously I did not show it!) , however I think that just talking about these feelings (both amongst them, like in the wispering, or by me talking to them) they sort of changed their demeanor after a bit, even though they didn't seem to realize.When I just put these feelings and thoughts in their mind suddenly the camera was not the most important thing in their brain anymore.
 I don't feel like I have even near mastered the interaction part of this course but I have definitely seen a little light at the end of the tunnel and I can't wait to explore this a lot more. Exciting!





2 comments:

Unknown 28 August 2011 at 01:19  

Love these!! Great job!

Jill 31 August 2011 at 09:36  

You are a very talented photographer. You have really captured some tender moments between the two. BEAUTIFUL!

About This Blog

Popular Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP